Isokon for Court of Protection
• Isokon’s Court of Protection software enables the professional deputy to manage all aspects of Court of Protection work. It includes the following benefits:
• Massive reduction in keying repetitive information: especially names and addresses.
• Isokon ensures no repetitive data needs to be typed – by outputting directly into COP and OPG forms.
• Accurate output: deputies simply need to proofread final documents: no further calculations are required.
• Letters merged in seconds – financial information extracted automatically from Isokon by any member of the COP team.
• Accurate financial reports are available on demand:
– Deputyship Report
– Client Assets Report
– Income and Expenditure statement
– Bank Reconciliation Statements
• Professional Deputies can spend more time supervising staff: resulting in reduced risks to the firm by enhancing the quality of the work.
• More time can be spent communicating with clients – minimising potential misunderstandings and further reducing risks to the firm.
• Ensures profitability by using a software tool designed to do the work properly, professionally and accurately.
Full client information is recorded – as well as family and friends, deputies, and various other professional contacts involved in the case.
Any member of the COP team looking at the file onscreen can see instantly the supervision level.
A record is maintained of key decisions that are made throughout the case. Reports of these key decisions are easily generated in various formats, including output to the appropriate OPG and COP forms.
The dates of the key decisions, and the sequence in which they were taken, can easily be tracked.
It is fundamental in any case review to know (and to have recorded) the specific Decision Taker of each event.
Maintaining and managing an accurate and up to date record of payments made and receipts of incoming money is not always straightforward.
It can easily become the bane of the work for a deputy in COP work – particularly without a system that enables this to be done with relative ease.
State Benefits can be recorded as well as criminal injuries compensation and civil damages, plus other private income.
For each benefit received, a note of the payer is made, and the recipient, whether payment is mandated to a family member or other party, with the date of award and frequency of payments.
The Budgets feature in Isokon enables you to predict monthly income and expenditure. Budget requirements can easily be forecast. The case can therefore be conducted in a planned, smooth and orderly manner.
This is one of the features of Isokon COP that enables lesser qualified members of the team to perform much of the case work – under the supervision of a deputy.
Document and Reporting Information – Asset Summary
Isokon for Court of Protection includes a wealth of reporting options covering all aspects of the Deputyship. Reports can be easily customised (by you or the Isokon Support Team) whenever you require a report that is not provided as standard with the software.
Document and Reporting Information – Tax Summary
The Income Tax Summary is one of many examples of the reporting features of Isokon COP. The tax summary is output into an Excel spreadsheet.
The time saved by the deputy and the COP team by this report is significant, and yet another factor to making Court of Protection work a profitable contributor to the firm’s fee income.
Accounting – Log of Assets Receipts and Payments
Automatic regular payments allow you to easily reconcile monthly bank statements with your Deputy’s account. The underlying double entry accounting system gives complete accuracy and control over finances.
Please note that you are not required to understand double entry accounting to use this system. The underlying Isokon system will handle the double entry aspect for you.